Monday, August 20, 2007

A Band of Angels

I am sorry to report that Dawn is not regaining her strength as we hoped she might. She has continued to weaken. Hospice has been AMAZING. I have often said that it's like a band of angels descended on that house the day the Hospice nurses arrived. Dawn's mother told me that the Hospice doctor should have a set of wings, too. They have worked tirelessly to adjust Dawn's medications, assist with daily tasks, and allow Dawn to have wonderful moments, such as getting out to smell her roses, taking a leisurely bath, and having a massage.

I believe that she is making peace with all that is happening to her. It's all come on so quickly, and I know it's difficult for her (or any of us) to accept. She is handling it with such grace and humor and honest emotion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and I am sending out my intentions of peace and happiness for you to the universe. If I haven't said it before, please know that I think you are one of the most talented women I have ever met. You have been an inspiration to me since you gave me my intensive weekend long art lesson some years ago. I am keeping you in my heart and mind during your journey.
Loving thoughts to you, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Good words.